Sunday, December 9, 2012

Is there a War on Christmas?

Its been awhile since I updated blog but I found a issue close to my heart that I feel that I must write about. Its came about when I went to my towns tree lighting this weekend. It's the issue about all the political correctness that has gone into Christmas.

At the tree lighting one of our local churches puts up a nativity scene every year. After last year there where protestors that felt it was wrong to put it up. However it was sponsored privately so the whole thing was fair. One thing that bothers me is that they are ruining Christmas by taking the religious customs away. What if we did this to Jewish or other religious holidays also? Santa Claus started with St Nick, candy canes are to represent the shepherds at Jesus birth and Stars and Angles are to guide us to baby Jesus. These things have been secularized in today's culture though. I only ask people to give fair treatment and asking to keep Christ in Christmas

Thanks for reading. They ruled that the nativity scene was allowed since it was sponsored privately. Just wish the issue wasn't brought up.

No comments:

Post a Comment